Maketing techniques that are distinctive,original and different can help you achieve success, even in today uncertain economic climate. The business success I managed to achieve was largely due to the unusual marketing strategies I developed.
My sales staff referred to these strategies are as our “secret marketing techniques”. They can help you succeed in your business, the same way as they helped me. Selling is becoming more and more difficult every day. Competition is cut-throat More and more people are competing for a share of a shrinking market.
HOW CAN YOU ACHIEVE BUSINESS SUCCESS IN THE PRESENT DIFFICULT ECONOMIC CONDITONS?
It’s certainly not easy, but it definitely can be done. There are three basic ways to handle the problem.
(1) To achieve business success you have to sell more aggressively than your competitors.
(2) Your marketing and sales skills must be superior. You have to learn to sell creatively.
(3) The third method is probably the most important of all and the one most business people ignore.
You have to use marketing techniques that are unusual and unique; secret market strategies that are quite different to the usual ways used by your competitors. Instead of using the usual marketing techniques that everybody else uses, develop your own original, unique marketing strategies, that are distinctive, different and original. When you use these unique, secret marketing techniques you will stand out from the crowd. Sales will soar and your business will grow. Over the last few years we have experienced a period of economic boom. Customers were so eager to buy they needed no persuasion. Selling was so easy there was no need for sales staff to develop special sales skills. They were simply order takers.
One of the best ways to market yourself or your business on the internet is by using articles. You may wonder why article marketing is important. The reason is that people are always looking for information on the internet. The best way to market yourself is by generating content on the information that people want. For example, if you are selling car spare parts, you can generate articles on cars. There are a lot of things that you can write about cars. You can even write reviews on cars or even about the various spare parts and what their purpose is. Towards the end of the article, you can put a link that directs back to your website so that people can see what you have to offer.
There are certain strategies you can employ when article marketing. They are explained below:
- Create content-rich articles – As stated earlier, whenever anyone is going to use the internet, there is a very high chance that they are looking for information. The articles you generate must be of good quality. Also, people are attracted to information that they have never seen or heard of before. Whenever something new comes up, people are always keen to find out what it is. This means that you always have to generate content that is new and of great quality.
- Use Article Directories – Some of the most visited websites on the internet that provide information are article directories. These websites are usually rich with information on almost every topic. The more your articles are posted on different article directories, the more exposure your articles get and, eventually, the more your business is known. Many of these article directories usually allow you to put a link that points to your website. It would be good to look for at least 5 top article directories that and post your articles there.
- Use Attractive, Catchy Titles – You have to make sure you catch the attention of people. For example, if you sell software that tracks cell phones, creating a title such as ‘Cell Phone Recovery Services’, won’t attract any attention. On the other hand, if you use a title such as ‘How To Catch Cell Phone Thieves’, people will definitely want to read about this. This is because there are many people out there who have had their cell phones stolen from them. They would be very curious on how this can happen.
Many people are confused about marketing versus selling. They’re not actually the same thing. Marketing can best be described as getting the product to market, whereas selling involves actually closing the sale with a potential customer. Some people also refer to closing the sale as the “conversion,” referring to the fact that the potential customer is converted into an actual customer.
Marketing then, involves a lot of preliminary work before the client ever becomes directly involved. This includes researching the market to identify who the target customers are and what they are looking for. It also involves identifying the best way to reach those potential customers based on their needs and desires. A good “marketing message” will draw potential customers in by addressing or meeting those needs and desires. This increases the chance that they will eventually purchase your product or service.
Marketing can be done offline or online via the Internet. Online offers some advantages because it is inexpensive or even free. By conducting a keyword search or using a search engine and some software, you can find out data that might otherwise cost you considerably to compile via other means. So this can be a very cost effective means of conducting research.
There are some areas where marketing and sales intersect or overlap. One area is when you create the “pitch.” Most people are familiar with the term “sales pitch,” but the sales pitch is not about selling alone. It is also about the development and delivery of that marketing message so that consumers will receive it.
Effective marketing then also includes clear effective delivery of the “pitch” to consumers. This should be done through whatever means you use to communicate with your potential customers-including in print or media advertising or through point-of-purchase displays and other means. Your “pitch” or your message should be clear and professional and build trust.